We all love chips, yes they aren’t that that great waistline but they are a guilty pleasure for most of us.
This week is national Chip week and with that in mind the Potato Council has released some excellent chip recipes my favourite of which is the home made over chips, which aren’t that bad for you either :
Homemade Oven Chips
- 700g /1 1/2 lb potatoes
- Olive oil
- Pre heat oven to 200°C / Gas Mark 6.
- Cut the unpeeled potatoes into 1cm thick chip wedges
- Wash and dry well on kitchen paper.
- Place on a non-stick baking tray and drizzle with olive oil, season to taste.
- Bake for 40 mins, turning halfway through cooking.
TIP: Spice up your chips by adding cayenne pepper when you season.
for more recipies and info on National chip week head over to
As a possible future gentleman I really don’t believe that I could ever admit to eating ‘chips’ love the site, keep up the good work
thanks Niall , don’t worry there are worse things than making your own Chips, heart disease for instance!